Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So What Just Happened?

Overall, 2014 has been quite an extraordinary year.  Here are a few highlights:
  • My Baby: On March 5, 2014, I published my first novel, The Blessed Man and the Witch.  So far, the few reactions to it have been very positive to fairly positive.  It's the first book in a trilogy, and I began working on the sequel right after I got feedback from my beta readers.  It's $2.99 to buy, or you can read it free from Amazon Unlimited.  If you like the pieces I've written here, you'll love the novel.
  • What You Are Reading Now: On March 13, 2014, I started this blog.
  • I Went High-Concept: In June of 2014, I changed the focus of this blog from writing, which nobody other than certain writers want to read about, to other things of interest, including book reviews, movie reviews, personal defense issues, horror in general, and social commentary.
  • Twittin' It Up: In August of 2014, I joined Twitter.  At times, I wish I hadn't.  Other times, it's been an interesting experience.
  • Paying off My Overdue Books: In September 2014, in partnership with the Dunedin Public Library, I began writing a Halloween-themed novella that involved zombies, Lovecraftian horrors, and antediluvian terrors, using local teen volunteers as supporting characters.
  • An Unpronounceable Name: On October 19, 2014, the novella Dreadedin Chronicles: The Nameless City was published.  It's available for $.99 from Amazon.  
  • Second Place Is Still Losing: In mid-December 2014, my short story Get the Greek: A Chrismukkah Tale was published as the first runner-up in their non-traditional holiday story competition.  Losing sucks, but it's still a great story.
Here on the blog, I've written some short stories.  Here are the links to a few of them; browse through the blog to find more:
  • A Pennsylvania Haunting: A ghost story in three parts.  In Part One, we are introduced to the ghost.  Part Two details the ghost's malicious mischief, and in Part Three, the ghost story is wrapped up.  Disturbing and graphic at times, especially at the end.
  • Howard Tinkertoy: A man looks through his little boy's kiddie tablet and his life takes a very sharp turn for the bizarre.
  • In Angels in the IHOP, we sit in on a conversation between celestial beings.
What's coming next year?  Another short story of mine has been accepted by Liberty Island, to be published in the first quarter of 2015.  I should be done the sequel to The Blessed Man and the Witch by then; I'll reveal the title when I'm finished the first draft.  A tangential story to Howard Tinkertoy is also on the way.  I may write another Dreadedin Chronicles novella, depending on time constraints.  More movie reviews, more book reviews, more content.  

Thank you for reading!

No comments: